Welcome to the Ambush

The collective noun for a group of tigers is an ambush or a streak

Sunday 22 April 2012

TIGERS SUNDAY UPDATE

Well, I've run out of material for the MEET THE TEAM feature now. Thanks to all the Tigers who contributed. If you've still not got round to submitting yours, don't worry because you still can. Just pop your questionnaire and photo to me and I'll get it up on the blog.

So, instead of MEET THE TEAM, I'll give you a quick update on what's happened on the Tigers' front this week. 

Firstly, we still don't have a venue for our first match of the season against Witney RFC on 13th May. 

Charlbury and Combe Cricket Clubs can't accommodate us and Tower Hill Boys FC are using the West Witney CC facilities all weekend for their 6-a-side competition. That means West Witney CC have been pushed down to The Leys, so we can't play there either.

I've been speaking to Robbie Mills from Witney RFC and he's going to be talking to a friend of his this weekend. I won't say where he's trying to get the match played ... but it's a nice venue. As soon as Robbie comes back to me with the venue, I'll be sending out the call-up email for the Witney RFC match ... could be as early as tomorrow.

We've also had three new Tigers joined the ambush this week. Welcome to Andy Compton, Jack Frowde and Dan Raymond-Barker. We look forward to seeing all three of you during the summer.

That's it for now. Keep your eye out for the Witney RFC call-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment